The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program, now called FoodWIse, for Vilas, Florence and Forest Counties strives to reach individuals and families with limited resources to share information related to nutrition, feeding families on a limited budget and ways to stretch food dollars. Individuals and families eligible for food stamps are our primary audience.
FoodWIse Related Links of Interest
Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Dates on food products
Food safety in the time of COVID-19: Hand washing
Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Hand washing & Neil Diamond
Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Is there enough food?
Food safety in the time of COVID-19: Take-out food
Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Cleaning & Disinfecting
Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19: Can I get sick from eating food with coronavirus?
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- Food Preservation Food Safety and Health
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW Center for Meat Process Validation
- American Dietetic Association
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- National Center for Home Food Preservation Nutrition
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC) Wisconsin First
- Recipe Finder
Current FoodSense Newsletter Topics:
If you have any questions regarding FoodWIse in Florence County, please contact:
Areas of Expertise
|FoodWIse Nutrition Educator
Florence County – UW Extension
Florence Natural Resource Center 5628 Forestry Dr.
Florence, WI 54121Phone: 715-528-4480, Ext. 4
|Jeanne Richard is a Nutrition Educator for Florence County providing nutritional information for families and children.|
|FoodWIse Nutrition Program Coordinator
for Florence, Forest, & Vilas Counties200 East Madison St.
Crandon, WI 54520
|Karly is the FoodWIse in Coordinator for Vilas, Florence, and Forest Counties.|